Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 19 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Hawaiian Snow is still the Daddy
Posted: 2006-07-27, 11:11 am

withnail Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
gents - i thought it worth mentioning that the famous snow is regularly available again at greenhouse shops, in fact it has been for some time. i picked up a gramme last night at their tolstraat branch for the usual 10 euros and frankly id forgotten how much this stuff spanks me (and lets face it a spanking for 10 euros is toppie value ;-)

the current selections at greenhouse include about three versions of arjans haze (including one called i think arjans ultra which appeared cheaper than the other versions at 8.80 euro a gramme), strawberry haze (13.50), hash plant haze (10), super silver haze (10), kali mist (10), K2 (6.50), shiva (6.50).

anyway i started off with a pretty mild joint of the snow which just gave me a lovely buzz before popping out for a couple of convivial ales. 2 duvels and a big bowl of pasta later and i was ready for the full experience. rolled up with the regulation volume of weed / tobacco and settled in front of the television with a nice big mug of tea and im pleased to report that the haze is as marvellous as i ever recall. I remember previously describing the effect as like your head being emptied out - thats how this felt. stare-o-vision is another way of describing the experience. the 23% THC really makes a difference from your bog standard 8 week plant produce i can tell you.

this morning i woke to find i had overslept, extremely rare for me. its now just gone 11am and my head is finally beginning to de-fuzz...

if youre around town and passing a greenhouse shop be sure to call in and enjoy some summer snow. as they say at FEBO, its 'de lekkerste'!

doog!

withnail
Re: Hawaiian Snow is still the Daddy
Posted: 2006-07-27, 11:35 am

zsdeadbaby
Good news.
I was there @ a year ago and loved the Super Silver Haze, and am looking forward to some HS at the end of August.
Keep us abreast of developments, and maybe we can meet up & exchange notes...
Posted: 2006-07-27, 1:42 pm

fun_time
Sounds great for a night time nothing to do smoke! I understand the Cup is in November and the selection of weed should be good. Does the quality change at all during the fall harvest or is all of this indoors still? Come mid September I hope the HS and a good variety is available due to harvesting outdoor crops. September is kinda early considering the curing process takes time but each area has it's own harvest period outdoors. I am curious what I can expect in September and if there are any seasonal specialties that might be available.
Posted: 2006-07-27, 1:44 pm

Nitrostar
Sounds like some good stuff but perhaps a little too potent for my tastes - I want to be able to walk afterwards! ;o)

I've heard mostly good things about the Greenhouse (Effect?) located nearest the RLD. I meant to stop by on my last visit but was sidetracked with other things.
Posted: 2006-07-27, 2:12 pm

withnail Power Kat
ive never noticed any change from season to season as you have a mix of bio / hydro product in virtually any shop. as for the cup ive no interest, in fact i would suggest that it means nothing to the city whatsoever. it is simply a high times magazine marketing event which happens to be held here in amsterdam. you could already predict which shops will enter (greenhouse, grey area etc) and my intelligence tells me that generally the cup winners are those who throw the best party for the judges / high times folk etc. to be quite honest the only way you would even know anything different was going on in town is that you have a lot more american visitors around the various coffee shops. i believe many return year after year on an annual pilgrimage. no problem with that, i simply cant understand why anybody would pay a couple of hundred dollars to 'judge' the best, get a few free samples etc. just my opinion but id say youd be better simply to stop in to a few shops and pick up their 'cup entries' which of course will be on sale in the usual way.

by the way i should point out that greenhouse and greenhouse effect are totally unconnected. greenhouse effect is in a small way connected to the two hill street blues shops whereas the greenhouse has three of its own locations - tolstraat, waterlooplein and oude zijds achterburgwal. they also have a seed shop just off rokin. im a big fan of GHE but im afraid hawaiian snow at 10 a gramme from greenhouse beats the pants off NYCD at a whopping 13 a gramme at greenhouse effect!

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2006-07-27, 2:44 pm

Nitrostar
Quote:
by the way i should point out that greenhouse and greenhouse effect are totally unconnected. greenhouse effect is in a small way connected to the two hill street blues shops whereas the greenhouse has three of its own locations - tolstraat, waterlooplein and oude zijds achterburgwal. they also have a seed shop just off rokin. im a big fan of GHE but im afraid hawaiian snow at 10 a gramme from greenhouse beats the pants off NYCD at a whopping 13 a gramme at greenhouse effect!

Thanks for the information. I was only told Greenhouse was around the RLD and working from a map on the Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory I had assumed it was GHE because that is the closest "Greenhouse" it lists in the RLD. I'll make sure I find the right one, although I'll probably buy something a little less potent!
Posted: 2006-07-27, 3:14 pm

withnail Power Kat
the snow is extremely potent, strikingly so. i was sat on the tram about two hours ago still feeling a little hazy from last night. i have enough for two more joints of the stuff in my pocket so think ill exit the office in an hour or so to top up.

my suggestion from the lower end of their menu is K2 which is a lovely tasty smoke - 'high like the mountain' as it says on the greenhouse menu :-)

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2006-07-27, 3:27 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-07-27, 3:27 pm

Nitrostar
By the sounds of it I'm surprised you can even get anything done at the office! ;o)

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give the K2 a bash when I'm there!

Cheers!
Posted: 2006-07-27, 3:55 pm

withnail Power Kat
herr smokley - i wasnt, it was a mix with tobacco but with a lot more of the green stuff than the one you and i enjoyed, pre-beers. if youre lurking round warmoestraat in an hour or so youre welcome to join me for another ;-)

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2006-07-27, 4:42 pm

zsdeadbaby
GreenHouse centrum is almost opp the Bulldog (hotel) on Oudezijds Voorburgwal, that's:
Out of Tromp at the Canal end & turn right.
keep walking until you're just out of the main rld area, (about 400 yds) and it's over the canal on your left. Excellent staggering distance & it needs to be ;)
Hope this helps
Posted: 2006-07-27, 4:52 pm

fun_time
Thanks for the info.. Glad to know that things are consistant. K2 is on my list now.. Well said on the Cup as expected it's a High Times thing which is ok but overrated.. Sure some freebies are nice but frankly I have no problem putting money into their hands with less fanfare. You usually get what you pay for and I like it that way.. business as it should be imo.. Dang I wish I could hookup for a couple tokes in a hour..lol
Posted: 2006-07-27, 6:49 pm

Nitrostar
zsdeadbaby wrote:
GreenHouse centrum is almost opp the Bulldog (hotel) on Oudezijds Voorburgwal, that's:
Out of Tromp at the Canal end & turn right.
keep walking until you're just out of the main rld area, (about 400 yds) and it's over the canal on your left. Excellent staggering distance & it needs to be ;)
Hope this helps

Cheers mate for the directions. I'm sure I'll find it and stop in for a joint or two. :o)
Posted: 2006-07-27, 9:55 pm

STPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Hey, why is that strawberry haze so expensive? 13E/gram is a bit pricey, no? What makes it so speacial?

ST
Posted: 2006-07-28, 10:59 pm

JBIG
I too am VERY curious about the Strawberry Haze
any relation to the Strawberry Cough that has had its run this last year in the states?

also... I hate to point it out but the Snow IS a cup winner is it not...
guess they still get it right sometimes
Posted: 2006-07-31, 8:49 am

withnail Power Kat
'also... I hate to point it out but the Snow IS a cup winner is it not...
guess they still get it right sometimes'

... and your point is?

withnail
Posted: 2006-07-31, 6:31 pm

iloveamsterdam
just been to the greenhouse..snow is sold out :(
Posted: 2006-07-31, 7:49 pm

JBIG
my point.... sometimesdespite all the BS, the cup winner really is something special... the snow is an example of that
Posted: 2006-08-04, 4:35 pm

eddie69
Every time i shop the greenhouse on OVB the Snow is always out. I am heading over Sept28 and sounds like another near miss..Super Silver Haze is I guess my next choice. Ed
 [ 19 posts ] 

Jump to: