Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 18 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Candy Club
Posted: 2011-12-14, 7:19 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Does anyone know what is going on.
A few months ago it was closed for renovations,
but now there is word on the website that there is some kind of regulation problem.
It has been around for 40 years. What could be deemed illegal after all this time?
I would hate to see it go. There is nothing quite like the place.
I suppose I could branch out to Paradise, Sameplace and Saturday at Showboat,
but I was really looking forward to a return this winter.
Does anyone have any intel on what is happening?

Weasel

Posted: 2011-12-14, 10:45 am

bitman
As far as I know, the building had to be renovated since it had structural issues...that was the initial word on it when it closed few days back.

The latest news indicates they ran in to other troubles with the authorities...Makes you wonder about Anna & Debby!

Posted: 2011-12-14, 5:02 pm

sabull
It will be such a lost if they close it down permanently, let cross our fingers so they re-open very soon.
I was there two year ago , i loved the place as the working girls were good looking and they even had a gangbang earlier on , so very good place for single guys.

Anyone know a similar place? Bar, working girl and people can have sex right there ?
Re: Candy Club
Posted: 2011-12-15, 3:16 pm

funfor2houston
We have heard through some sources there were some illegal drug transactions and this is why they are closed .
Posted: 2011-12-16, 5:46 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Sad.
I was suspicious that it was something like that.
I heard rumors as well.
Rick James was right. That cocaine is a bad drug.
I feel bad for the owners. Hope they get the license back.
I feel bad for Anna and Debby, and the rest of the girls too.
I miss the place after a couple of visits. The regulars have got to be hurting.

Weasel

Posted: 2012-01-20, 11:08 pm

Diabolo
They say on their website :

We are formulating a new business model providing the City of Amsterdam with a solid basis for allowing us to reopen the Candy Club. At present we are in consultation with the City of Amsterdam but have no concrete results to mention and therefore ask your patience.

On February 15th we will announce the latest news here!

Posted: 2012-01-21, 1:01 am

AMSBIKER
I for one hope it reopens. Met the nicest girl ever there, also locals at the bar. I remember when Yan and his wife used to run it but I think his son took over running it and it went steadily downhill from there. His son ( can't remember his name) used to be in the Amsterdam Police so the drugs angle surprises me and indeed saddens me

Hopefully if it reopens it will be all the better for it. :)

AB

Posted: 2012-01-22, 1:59 am

iggy1903
sabull wrote:
It will be such a lost if they close it down permanently, let cross our fingers so they re-open very soon.
I was there two year ago , i loved the place as the working girls were good looking and they even had a gangbang earlier on , so very good place for single guys.

Anyone know a similar place? Bar, working girl and people can have sex right there ?

I was planning on visiting Candy (as a single guy) in November, but then they closed. I instead went to Club Paradise for the Sunday gang bang: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19230

It was great and I plan on going back when I am there in March.

Posted: 2012-01-22, 9:42 pm

sabull
I never visited club paradise on Sunday, but i have been there on Wednesday, Thursday (gangbang) , Friday and Saturday. I did enjoy very much the atmosphere there, i was always lucky to find one or two girls to have fun with (but i could see , some other guys were not lucky as i was ). But i think there are too many single guys like myself in that type of swinging club. Candy used to be my best choice as you did not rely on couples/swingers to shag but we had many options among the lovely working girls there. I will not forget the experience i got there.

Thanks Iggy for your report, i will be myself visiting amsterdam soon probably mid-February. I still hope they re-open the Candy Club as it was very special :)
Posted: 2012-04-09, 12:31 pm

Vincent Conn
Does anyone have any news regarding the reopening of Candy Club?
Posted: 2012-04-09, 10:59 pm

AMSBIKER
As above. I've over mid April and would like to pay a visit

Thanks

AB

Posted: 2012-04-11, 2:42 am

Roland Power Kat
Hey AmsBiker, I am usually at Susie's Saloon from 4 till 6 most days for Happy Hour if you would like to meet up.

When are you going over? I ride BTW (96 Heritage).

Regards, Roland

Posted: 2012-04-26, 10:08 pm

AMSBIKER
Hiya mate. Bugger just read your message. Was over last weekend and popped into ricks a few times.

Would have been great to meet up. Will contact you next time before I'm over. :)

AB

Posted: 2012-04-27, 8:53 pm

derekfromdevon
I have just received some hard information about what happened to the Candy Club. According to an acquaintance of mine who was not only by far one of the most regular attenders there, but who also actually used to help out with the running of the place, it has almost certainly been closed permanently.

The message I got today from that informant who, as I say, really is in a position to know, says

"As you will know (I didn't though - dfd!) the Candyclub management allowed Rumanian hookers to work in their club.

First that happened secretly but eventually it was generally known prostitution took place in that club.

The Candyclub was situated in a residential neighborhood; a typical situation created in the 80's but not acceptable in these days.

So: the municipal council had some good grounds to close the club. Of course all kind of legal actions have been taken to fight this decision but all in vain up till now.

All in all we don't believe the Candyclub will ever be reopened; such a pity!"

As s/he says, such a pity. I really like the Candy Club. But at least we know now what happened and can at least put some of the stranger rumours to bed as well!)

My friend recommends Showboat in particular as a good alternative.
Posted: 2012-04-28, 2:46 am

AMSBIKER
:(

Posted: 2013-04-26, 12:44 pm

AMSBIKER
Hi Roland,

I'm back over on the bike at the end of may 23-26th if you are about for a beer

Cheers

AB

Posted: 2013-04-27, 10:41 am

Roland Power Kat
Hi Biker,

Fine with me. Most everyday at Susie's for Happy Hour. We can confirm date and time a few days in advance.
Regards, Roland

Posted: 2013-04-29, 6:54 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Back on topic and a bit contrary to what derekfromdevon was told...

http://www.candyclub.nl leads to a newish page that, while noting under construction, also mentions a new name, "Grand Cafe Candy." Could it be they are reconfiguring in a way that will allow them to reopen?

I'd suggest that anyone interested in the Candy Club opening again join their mailing list by emailing them at info.candyclub@gmail.com. Email might give them encouragement to press harder.

cheers,

neurosynth

[ 18 posts ] 

Jump to: