Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Sarasani closed?!
Posted: 2007-09-14, 7:40 am

Puffin13Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Please tell me this is not true! Please! I heard that the first coffeeshop in The Netherlands, Sarasani in Utrecht, has been closed down by the politie for an attempted multi kilo transaction. Can anyone in Utrecht confirm this? This is a sad day. It truly is! Peace.

Posted: 2007-09-14, 9:45 am

paniked Power Kat
yep, it's true:

http://www.blikopnieuws.nl/bericht/57115 (in Dutch)

looks like a deal was arranged in the coffeeshop between a buyer and a seller for nearly 10kg of softdrugs. police investigating this also found over 37kg of softdrugs in a nearby building belonging to one of the owners of Sarasani. so they've taken the license away for now.

too bad, I've never actually been to the oldest coffeeshop in NL.

-paniked

Posted: 2007-09-14, 10:17 am

Puffin13Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Damn! What a bummer!! Thank you for confirming that for me, paniked. I really enjoyed visiting this coffeeshop. I could sit in there for hours n hours. I will miss it. It had Freak Brothers and Robert Crumb posters on the wall (you know, ole hippy stuff), several turtles in an enclosed area as you walked in, chilled staff, decent herb and theater sized screen at the back where they showed some excellent music concert videos. It seems owners greed took down another excellent shop. :( Peace.

[ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: