Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Groningen window closures
Posted: 2016-02-17, 7:50 pm

G H Bone
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Until recently there were two RLDs in Groningen – the larger one at Nieuwstad and another smaller one around Hoekstraat/Muurstraat.

The council closed down the Hoekstraat/Muurstraat RLD at the beginning of January 2016.

This is not a surprise – they have been planning to do so for years.

Also, it seems that the girls who used to work in the closed windows have re-located to Nieuwstad. Not sure whether this means just some or all of them.

Still a pity that one of the RLDs has been lost. Enjoyed exploring both of them when I was on a visit to Groningen a few years back.
Re: Groningen window closures
Posted: 2016-06-24, 1:28 am

splodge Power Kat
I remember visiting here years ago. U exit the train station. Walk over the road. Down the main high street and at the end there was 2 or 3 streets with girls on. Right and left. Shame to hear they've closed some of the windows. Why are some rlds reducing their window numbers? ???

Posted: 2016-06-24, 4:52 am

fredSupporting Member
Supporting Member
splodge wrote:
Shame to hear they've closed some of the windows. Why are some rlds reducing their window numbers? ???

It's sad to see as well. Perhaps they listen to the stupid politicians in Sweden.....

Regards,
Fred
Posted: 2016-06-24, 9:07 pm

splodge Power Kat
Lol. Least there's a few good ones left. Den Haag, Frankfurt, and a few others.
Posted: 2016-06-25, 10:20 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Map linked below updated to note closure. Pin will be entirely removed after a year or two.

[ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: