Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Bus between Leeuwarden and Alkmaar. Info required if anyone knows.
Posted: 2016-12-31, 2:18 pm

splodge Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Does anyone know how much the bus between Leeuwarden and Alkmaar costs ? Where do I buy the ticket also ? On board the bus, or is there a ticket office? The bus travels on a road that is on reclaimed land. So a pretty sexy journey . Sea either side. Really would love to see it. But mainly as part of a day out looking at women obviously.

Posted: 2016-12-31, 5:59 pm

WoofieeSupporting Member
Supporting Member
If you google "bus leeuwarden alkmaar", not only will it give you times, but also locations.

That said, it starts at the leeuwarden bus station and takes about 2 hours to get to the alkmaar bus station.

The bus service is by Arriva - for example, tomorrow 1 Jan at 5pm, price around €17.

https://www.arriva.nl/consumers/from-door-to-door.htm?from=Leeuwarden&to=Alkmaar&date=zondag+1+januari+2017&date_submit=01-01-2017&time=17%3A00&routeoperator=vertrek&fromGeo=53.196295%2C5.792348&toGeo=52.637791%2C4.740989&traveltype=

Posted: 2017-01-01, 12:32 pm

splodge Power Kat
Thank you. Plan to do this journey when I am there. Fascinating journey imho. Where do you pay ? On board or at a ticket office ?

Posted: 2017-01-02, 12:48 pm

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I went the opposite direction a few years ago i.e. caught the bus leaving from Alkmaar and it was pay on the bus.

The journey over the Afsluitdijk is remarkable for being unremarkable. If you didn't realise that effectively one side is sea and the other side is now inland water and the huge engineering feat that it took to achieve it, it would feel like you are driving over just another stretch of water.

Posted: 2017-01-03, 11:00 pm

splodge Power Kat
Thanks billybob lol. I'd just really like to see it. I'll let you know how I found it. Good info about paying on the bus. Thank you.

Posted: 2017-01-04, 1:16 am

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
@slodge It might be worth you hiring a car, as I'm pretty sure that there were places on the dyke that you could pull over and take a closer look, take photos etc. Not sure if there was anything like a visitors centre or even information / history boards there.
I guess that the Dutch view it as just a piece of road, just like many Brit's look at the Forth bridge as just a bridge or New Yorkers look at Grand Central Station as a station, when the reality is that there are special pieces of engineering.

Posted: 2017-01-04, 7:56 am

splodge Power Kat
Nar. I drive on the other side of the road. The correct side. Prefer the trains. But i see what you're saying. Yep. To me it's going to be a sight to behold. Very much looking forward to it . If I don't manage it this time I will one of the time for sure. Thanks billybob.

[ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: