Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Netherlands Trip
Posted: 2022-02-08, 12:55 pm

PWatt88
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi all,

Now Amsterdam seems to feel a bit flat recently, I'm thinking of visiting Den Haag next week as it seems to get some very good reviews on here.

If I'm staying in Den Haag, would you recommend visiting any other Dutch cities for mongering? I see Alkmaar is sometimes spoken about and less so Rotterdam but I'm eager to hear your thoughts.

I won't have a car but can get the train.

Cheers all,
Re: Netherlands Trip
Posted: 2022-02-08, 1:15 pm

PWatt88
I suppose is it also worth a day trip to Antwerp?
Posted: 2022-02-08, 9:36 pm

averagejoe
never been to Den Haag but Antwerpen is very good in my opinion. the RLD is walking distance from centrum and looks like a mall or plaza. very clean compared to Brussels.
city is very nice also at least around old town.

I was there 2020.
Posted: 2022-02-08, 9:51 pm

PWatt88
averagejoe wrote:
never been to Den Haag but Antwerpen is very good in my opinion. the RLD is walking distance from centrum and looks like a mall or plaza. very clean compared to Brussels.
city is very nice also at least around old town.

I was there 2020.

Thanks Joe! What are the prices / services like in Antwerp?
Posted: 2022-02-09, 9:55 am

averagejoe
more or less like Amsterdam or maybe little bit cheaper. the RLD is a large one so you have it all when it comes to service. I had excellent service myself.

I remember that hotels were cheaper in general compared to Amsterdam , that also is a factor if you are doing a budget. not sure how it is post covid as I was there during 2020 .
Posted: 2022-02-09, 11:04 am

PWatt88
I've had a look on GoogleMaps and the RLD in Antwerp does look really nice! I've only got 2x nights through so decisions decisions...
Posted: 2022-02-10, 8:04 pm

Betad
Hi Pwatt, I would love to hear any reports on other areas. I’m considering a visit next week and although I’ve been to Amsterdam many times, I’ve never been to Den Haag or other areas any appreciate any boots on the ground reports.
Posted: 2022-03-26, 3:21 am

Vkcs20
Did you manage to go den hague? Are the rlds open now?
Posted: 2022-03-27, 2:26 pm

averagejoe
the closure is not specific to a certain city. if its open i amsterdam, its open everywhere in the NL.

and yes, it has been open everywhere for over a month.
Posted: 2022-05-11, 6:19 pm

Davidag
How was Den Hague? I really liked it before COVID as I had just tried it out on one trip and was planning to make it a regular thing. Just hoping COVID didn't ruin it.
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: