Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
rotterdam
Posted: 2006-04-06, 8:19 am

ALMRKOOL
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
will be in amsterdam in july/august would like to take a day trip to rotterdam .i plan on taking a train of course is tourist area close to train station like cs is to amsterdam ? and will i be able to purchase smoke at coffee shops there ?any suggestion would be appreciated.thanks in advance
Re: rotterdam
Posted: 2006-04-06, 10:57 pm

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
There is no RLD in Rotterdam.

Main source of entertainment is via clubs (evening obviously) or prives, of which there are a number within walkable distance of Centraal station albeit perhaps 2-3x as far as Amsterdam CS to the Wallen. If this is the main reason for you to visit then don't bother.

R'dam is good if you are a fan of concrete: the city centre is a real treat, especially the Lijnbaan. Currently there is a special display of Dutch builder's skills - the most fantastic "workers' palace" I have seen yet - next to the station. Whilst gawping at this, don't forget to watch out for trucks reversing across the pavement regardless of pedestrians.
Posted: 2006-04-09, 3:25 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
The cliche' I was told was "go to Rotterdam to make money, go to Amsterdam to party, go to the Hague to sleep".
Posted: 2006-04-10, 10:10 pm

El Burro
go to The Hague to sleep? Behave! Den Haag is a great party place!

Posted: 2006-04-25, 11:51 am

blunt
Only during the summer.....

[ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: